Small Bytes: Your serving of bite-sized analytics for your business
With inflation at an all-time high, have consumers shifted their dining behaviors? Cardlytics has the purchase data to uncover the most relevant insights within the Restaurant category and beyond.
Does Third Party Delivery’s continued growth indicate a more permanent post-pandemic prioritization of ease & convenience?
- Fast Casual category has been declining since their pandemic peak
- Upscale Dining is experiencing minimal decline vs. pre-pandemic
- 3rd Party Delivery is the only category with growth
Casual Dining bucks category trend when it comes to in-restaurant dining.
- While in-restaurant Casual Dining hasn’t returned to pre-pandemic levels, it is the only category growing YoY (up 2.25 pts since 2021).
- Fast Casual in-person dining continues to fall; 2022 was down 3.4 pts from 2019.
- Online trip share has been growing across categories YoY – but at Fast Casual (+1.76 pts) and, interestingly, Upscale Dining (+1.29 pts) in particular.
Consumer shopping behavior is more unpredictable than ever, but restaurant brands can rely on performance marketing to help drive direct sales both online and in-restaurant. No matter where your customers are eating, Cardlytics can convert sales on behalf of your brand – and we can prove it.
Sign up to receive the next issue of Small Bytes straight to your inbox before it hits our site.