School may be out for the summer, but with Amazon Prime Day just hours away, the 2019 back-to-school shopping season is officially here.
Back-to-school is the second-largest shopping event of the year following the December holidays. Excluding the weeks leading up to Christmas, it accounts for nearly 20% of annual spend.
By analyzing $2.4 trillion in purchase data across our banking partners, Cardlytics has identified five key trends for advertisers to consider this season:
1. Back-To-School Spend Grows Online, but the Majority Still Occurs In-Store
2. Early Sales Give Online-Only Retailers an Edge on Back-to-School
3. Convenience Reigns Supreme During Back-to-School
4. Omni-Shoppers Drive Incremental Value During Back-to-School
5. Fall Lays the Foundation for More Holiday Sales
Want more Back-to-School insights?
We’ll be digging deeper into each of these trends, so don’t forget to check back in the coming days for more insights and tips to make sure you are getting an A+ in capturing spend throughout the season.